LABI’s LA23 strategic plan will serve as a guide for policy priorities in the next year and throughout the term to drive economic growth in Louisiana. The 2024 legislative year presents an unprecedented opportunity to take a proactive approach to addressing longstanding challenges for our state. LABI will policies that stimulate growth and competition, reduce regulatory burdens on businesses, target higher educational outcomes for students and schools, ensure every student graduates ready to enter the workforce or post-secondary education, and increase public safety.
- Prioritize public safety by supporting efforts to strengthen law enforcement, reduce recidivism, and promote workforce training initiatives for offenders;
- Enact comprehensive insurance reform that will attract more carriers to Louisiana while streamlining and providing certainty in the claims process for both insurers and policyholders;
- Ensure every Louisianan has access to and preparation for high-wage, high-growth jobs;
- Achieve alignment and collaboration among public and private leaders in education, workforce development, community development, and economic development;
- Create a fair, predictable, and stable tax system and legal climate to encourage more investment and job growth.
To receive current daily legislative updates, sign up for our Daily ReCap e-newsletters HERE.
The 2024 Regular Legislative Session will convene at noon on Monday, March 11, 2024. Final adjournment will be no later than 6 p.m. on Monday, June 3, 2024.
We encourage LABI members to join us at the Capitol to weigh in during hearings throughout the session. Please contact LABI’s Jim Patterson at email@example.com for more information on how you can offer testimony.