Our strength comes from our members. Representing more than 2,000 Louisiana employers, we are the only association that represents businesses of all sizes from a statewide, multi-industry perspective. Together, we are creating a shared, collaborative vision for the future of free enterprise in Louisiana.
- A straightforward and competitive tax structure.
- A free enterprise system that limits government intrusion in the marketplace.
- A strong, robust education and workforce development system that prepares Louisianans to compete in the marketplace.
- Fair and stable laws and regulations that encourage economic development and do not mandate unreasonable costs on businesses and consumers.
- Fiscal responsibility and transparency in government. A positive labor environment that promotes job creation.
Become a Member
For more than 40 years, LABI has used its credibility and influence to effect legislative change and create a pro-business climate to grow Louisiana’s economy.
- Enactment of the Right-To-Work Law
- Enactment of the inventory tax credit
- Elimination of the franchise tax on business investment debt
- Realization of the sales tax exemption for manufacturing machinery and equipment
- Actualization of the sales tax exemption for business utilities
- Realization of a series of tort reforms
- Implementation of several workers’ comp reforms
- Implementation of several unemployment compensation reforms
- Enactment of incumbent worker and small business employee training funds
- Creation of the Louisiana Workers’ Compensation Corporation
- Enactment of law and policy that created one of the best systems of school choice in the nation
- Reorganization of the Louisiana Department of Labor into the Louisiana Workforce Commission
- Implementation of significant lawsuit reforms